SuperBonds: Bond Underwriting and Staking
The SuperBonds platform gives crypto traders the opportunity to earn a fixed income on their USDT as discussed previously. This isn’t however the only opportunity for traders to generate yield on DeFi’s first bond market! Let’s explore Bond Underwriting and Staking on SuperBonds and how users like yourself can utilise these benefits.
Traders wishing to park their cash in a fixed-income bond will need someone to take the other side of the trade: enter Bond Underwriters. Bond Underwriters are liquidity providers to the trader pool. The capital they deploy to the pool will determine the maximum interest possible for traders to earn.
LPs or Bond Underwriters will receive LP-pool tokens in exchange for their USDT. With no restrictions or minimum requirements, anyone with USDT to spare can turn into a Bond Underwriter on SuperBonds! The benefits? There are plenty to go around:
- LP-Pool Token: The price of the LP token for any pool will be determined based on total capital deployed minus all liabilities, and the number of LP tokens issued.
- Fees: As each trade will accrue fees, Bond Underwriters will earn a portion of the fees collected. Upon launch, this share will be 55% of the fees collected!
- SuperB Tokens: 60% of the SuperB emitted as part of the protocol rewards will be distributed to LPs, proportional to their contribution to their pool.
- Staking: Bond Underwriters will be able to stake their LP tokens to accrue SuperB tokens, which can further be staked in different pools to stack further yields.
- Farming Rewards: In addition to other benefits, LPs will also earn from the yield generated via external farming using the Trader Pool funds.
Bond Underwriters facilitate the bond market on the SuperBonds platform and via multiple revenue streams as listed above, stand to make a profit on their deployed capital.
The yield train for LPs and SuperB holders doesn’t stop here! With different staking pools to choose from, users will be able to further stack yields. Upon platform launch there will be 4 different pools to choose from:
- 30-Day Staking Pool: For holders of the 30-Day Trader Pool LP tokens
- 90-Day Staking Pool: For holders of the 90-Day Trader Pool LP tokens
- SuperB Staking Pool: For SuperB token holders
- SOL-SB Staking Pool: For holders of the SOL-SB token (Pool tokens for SB AMMs on Solana*)
Users will be able to stake in a pool by paying small fee (charged in the respective LP token and SuperB). Rewards will be distributed in SuperB, making 10% of the total emitted tokens reserved for the protocol rewards.
For a given user, the SB tokens they earn will be proportional to the share of their stake in a pool. The net SB reward from staking will be a sum of the rewards earned for their contribution in each pool staked.
*SOL-SB token will result from the LP token rewarded to those providing liquidity to SB pools on Solana. More information about this will be provided in due time.
With the forthcoming articles, we’ll expand upon more details on the working of the SuperBonds platform, covering more on fees, farming rewards and the SB token itself. In case you have any questions related to SuperBonds platform, its ecosystem, and SuperB token — you are warmly welcome to follow our social media channels to be abreast of all news and community with the core team: